Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Grinding Experience

Music Mood: Panama, Van Halen

NERD ALERT!

So repair is an interesting career in that it takes a lot of skill to be considered 'great'. And the only real way to get that skill is practice and experience. So when I use such a gamer term as grinding let me just say it is almost exactly that. Today was proof of the 'grinding' nature that is repair. I wouldn't say today was bad, but man did was it long and tedious. Kind of like when you are running the same instance in WoW day after day trying to get that one trinket only to never see it until it is obsolete. 

Today's grinding experience was brought to me via my good friends known as the 'flute'. (I feel like using parentheses a lot tonight so deal!) No matter how 'good' I think I am flutes always manage to knock me flat on my but and get my tires spinning the 'proverbial' mud! I know that all of this is 'good' for me, but I just wish it was as easy as clarinets are to me. It took me a mere 2 hours to overhaul a clarinet today where as I could barely do 3 flutes in that time. (For those not aware: 'overhauling' consists of removing all the keys, pads, corks, cleaning the instrument and keys and then replacing all the aforementioned items. Very time consuming)

Any way, I'm just really hoping work picks up more so the grind won't seem as tedious as it did today. And knowing that I blogged about how grinding today was, tomorrow will either be just as bad or go by without a hitch. I'm hoping for the latter but expecting the former.

Stay tuned! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment